Sodium Hydroxide Solution Preparation:• Take about 100ml of distilled water in a cleaned and dried 1000 ml volumetric flask.
• Add about 4.2 gm of Sodium hydroxide with continues stirring.
• Add more about 700ml of distilled water, mix and allow to cool to room temperature.
• Make up the volume 1000 ml with distilled water. Mix solution thoroughly.
• Keep the solution for at least an hour and then carry out the standardization.
Sodium Hydroxide Solution Standardization:
• Dissolve in 75 ml of carbon dioxide free water.
• Add 2 drops of phenolphthalein, and titrate with the sodium hydroxide solution to the production of a permanent pink color.
• Each 20.42 mg of potassium biphthalate is equivalent to 1 ml of 0.1N sodium hydroxide.
Wt. in gm of potassium bisulphate
0.20423 x ml NaOH solution
Also see: Determination of Shelf Life of Solutions in Laboratory
Ankur Choudhary is India's first professional pharmaceutical blogger, author and founder of Pharmaceutical Guidelines, a widely-read pharmaceutical blog since 2008. Sign-up for the free email updates for your daily dose of pharmaceutical tips.
.moc.enilediugamrahp@ofni :liamE Need Help: Ask Question
Spread the Knowledge ⇩⇩⇩