Ferric Ammonium Sulphate Solution Preparation• Dissolve 50 g of ferric ammonium sulphate in a mixture of 300 ml of water and 6 ml of sulphuric acid.
• Dilute with sufficient freshly boiled and cooled water to produce 1000 ml.
• Standardise the solution in the following manner.
Ferric Ammonium Sulphate Solution Standardization
• To 25.0 ml add 3 ml of hydrochloric acid and 2 g of potassium iodide.
• Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
• Titrate the liberated iodine with 0.1 M sodium thiosulphate using starch solution, added towards the end of the titration, as indicator.
• 1 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulphate is equivalent to 0.04822 g of FeNH4(SO4)2.12H2O.
Also see: Determination of Shelf Life of Solutions in Laboratory
Ankur Choudhary is India's first professional pharmaceutical blogger, author and founder of Pharmaceutical Guidelines, a widely-read pharmaceutical blog since 2008. Sign-up for the free email updates for your daily dose of pharmaceutical tips.
.moc.enilediugamrahp@ofni :liamE Need Help: Ask Question
Spread the Knowledge ⇩⇩⇩