Ferrous Ammonium Sulphate Solution Preparation• Dissolve 40 g of ferrous ammonium sulphate in a previously cooled mixture of 40 ml of sulphuric acid and 200 ml of water.
• Dilute with sufficient freshly boiled and cooled water to produce 1000 ml.
• Standardize the solution in the following manner.
Ferrous Ammonium Sulphate Solution Standardization
• Measure accurately 25.0 ml of the solution into a flask.
• Add 2 drops of Orthophenanthroline solution.
• Titrate with 0.1 M ceric ammonium sulphate until the red color is changed to pale blue.
• 1 ml of 0.1 M ceric ammonium sulphate is equivalent to 0.03921g of Fe(NH4)2(SO4)2.6H2O.
Also see: Determination of Shelf Life of Solutions in Laboratory
Ankur Choudhary is India's first professional pharmaceutical blogger, author and founder of Pharmaceutical Guidelines, a widely-read pharmaceutical blog since 2008. Sign-up for the free email updates for your daily dose of pharmaceutical tips.
Email: .moc.enilediugamrahp@ofni Need Help: Ask Question
Spread the Knowledge ⇩⇩⇩