Dioctyl Sodium Sulphosuccinate Solution Preparation• Dissolve 0.225 g of dicotyl sodium sulphosuccinate in warm water.
• Cool and dilute to 1000 ml with water.
• Standardize the solution in the following manner.
Dioctyl Sodium Sulphosuccinate Solution Standardization
• To 25.0 ml add 25.0 ml of a solution containing 20 % w/v of anhydrous sodium sulphate and 2 % w/v sodium carbonate, 50 ml of chloroform and 1.5 ml of bromophenol blue solution and mix.
• Titrate with 0.01 M tetrabutylammonium iodide until about 1 ml remains to be added for the end-point.
• Stopper the flask, shake vigorously for 2 minutes and continue the titration, in increments of 0.5 ml, shaking vigorusly and allowing the flask to stand for about 10 seconds after each addition.
• Continue the titration until a blue colour just appears in the chloroform layer.
• 1 ml of 0.01 M tetrabutylammonium iodide is equivalent to 0.004446 g of C20H37NaO7S.
Also see: Determination of Shelf Life of Solutions in Laboratory
Ankur Choudhary is India's first professional pharmaceutical blogger, author and founder of Pharmaceutical Guidelines, a widely-read pharmaceutical blog since 2008. Sign-up for the free email updates for your daily dose of pharmaceutical tips.
.moc.enilediugamrahp@ofni :liamE Need Help: Ask Question
Spread the Knowledge ⇩⇩⇩