Learn how to prepare and standardize 0.1 M Ethanolic Potassium Hydroxide using Hydrochloric acid and Phenolphthalein solution.
• Add sufficient aldehyde-free ethanol (95 %) to produce 1000 ml.
• Then quickly decant the clear supernatant liquid into a suitable, tightly-closed container.
• Standardize the solution in the following manner.
• Dilute with 50 ml of water and add 0.1 ml of phenolphthalein solution.
• Titrate with the ethanolic potassium hydroxide solution until a permanent pale pink color is produced.
• Store protected from light and moisture.
Share this article with your friends
Do you like this post? Link this article to your website/blog by copying the HTML code below.